I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

All about my blog

I choose English subject and Bahasa Melayu for my blog details. This is because i teach English and Bahasa Melayu in this year. I aslo post some rancangan pengajaran harian and reflection about the teaching in my blog. Welcome to visit my blog. Please commend me if i have mistake in my blog.
Thank you.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grammar - Articles

"A" and "an" are articles.

"A" is used for words that begin with a consonant (b, c, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, m, n, p, q, r, s, t, v, w, x and y ).
Examples: a squirrel, a key, a trunpet, a pineapple

"An" is used for words that begin with a vowel (a, e, i, o and u ) or silent "h".
Examples: an apple, an egg, an ice-cream, an ostrich, an umbrella, an hour

"The" is used to
a. mention about a person, an animals, a things or a place that is already mentioned.
   Example: I have a cat. The cat is black.

b. refer to a particular person, animals, things or place.
  Example: The man over there is my uncle.

c. show something that is the only one of their type.
  Example: Some astronauts had landed on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment